What Is an Intraoral Camera?
An intraoral camera is a small device that resembles a toothbrush that is essentially a high-tech version of the small handheld mirror you're used to seeing when you sit down in the dentist's chair. With this device, we are able to better examine your mouth. Intraoral cameras can capture real-time footage on a monitor as we maneuver the device inside of your mouth. They can also be used to capture still images that we can use to pinpoint certain issues or send off to a specialist as needed.
When you sit down in the dentist’s chair, you have no idea of what is happening inside your mouth. As your teeth and gums are poked and prodded, you have no clue as to what we are doing or seeing.
With the use of an intraoral camera, we can give you the opportunity to see exactly what we are doing and see everything that we are seeing. By giving you this opportunity, we hope to build up your trust in us that we only want to do what is best for your oral health.
Benefits of an Intraoral Camera
Aside from being able to build a better relationship with you, the intraoral camera offers a whole host of benefits:
- You have the ability to see what is happening as it is happening, rather than trying to imagine what we are describing to you.
- Because you can see what is going on, you can understand just how important it is to receive treatment.
- We can take an image and enlarge it, allowing us to see even the smallest issues. With this, we can start preventative measures before your small issue becomes a big problem. We can also use them to get a second opinion from a specialist if needed.
- These images can be stored so we can monitor your progress during each subsequent visit.
- You become more involved in your own oral health treatment.
Monitor Your Own Progress
In some instances, we can provide you with images to take home as well. With these images, you can monitor your own progress since you have something to compare your current oral status to. You know exactly what you’re looking for. And, if you notice things getting worse rather than better, you will notice it faster, allowing you to call us right away and take the proper measures for treatment.
We have a range of core therapies, from bridges, crowns, root canal and dentures through to Oral Cancer Screening.
These treatments use specalist technology, need more involved care, or are for a specific group of patients, like children.
From smile makeovers and tooth whitening to invisibraces. We offer a wide range of cosmetic services to guarantee a great smile in 6 months